« HSC in the News: Childhood Obesity | Main | Exercise: Good for the Brain as Well as the Heart »

March 19, 2007

Comments

Pelt

Of course the devil's advocate question is - did the custodian use the cleaner as recommended? Fortunately green cleaning products are designed in such a way that this mistake can not be made. phyllis

Alan Klingbeil

My first reaction was the custodian given the proper training?
Training of the use of all chemicals including green products is a must. Education of custodial staff is the start to keeping students and staff safe.

Claris Olson

Both of these comments are absolutely correct. Following the label instructions and proper training are key in product efficacy and safety of any cleaning products.

Gary L. Nothangel Sr.

With the implementation of any new cleaning products there needs to be a actual introduction of product to the employee and the training to match the cleaner to the surface that it is to be used on. There also needs to be an understanding that PROPER DILUTION is extreamely important!!! MORE IS NOT BETTER!!! The toilet seat as well as all surfaces in a restroom should be cleaned with a disinfectant to prevent the spread of potentially infectious material. To be blood-borne pathogen compliant (which is to say that in the presence of Blood or Bodily Fluids)(any excreation that comes out of our body) a disinfectant cleaner is to be used that is EPA registered with a TB kill claim or a HIV & HBV kill claim. Choice of this cleaner should be based on Kill Claim (compliance) Cleaning performance, Dermal Effect (will residule effect skin), & is the product an Asthma trigger? Other than that all you have to do is JUST GO CLEAN.

dmajor

My Granddaughter who lives in McMinnville Tn. has gotten a chemical burn to her behind from sitting on a toilet seat at her elementary school just last week. 4-14-2008. She is only 6 years old and did not know why her behind burned so bad until her Mother took her to the Dr's and said it was a chemical burn. This is a real thing that can happen to anyone. Improper cleaning and use of the product is uncalled for.

dmajor

My Granddaughter who lives in McMinnville Tn. has gotten a chemical burn to her behind from sitting on a toilet seat at her elementary school just last week. 4-14-2008. She is only 6 years old and did not know why her behind burned so bad until her Mother took her to the Dr's and said it was a chemical burn. This is a real thing that can happen to anyone. Improper cleaning and use of the product is uncalled for.

Fuller Brush

Green is better.

The comments to this entry are closed.

Comment Policy

  • Healthy Schools Campaign is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization. As such, we cannot endorse candidates for political office or participate in/endorse electioneering of any kind. Comments and posts that endorse candidates will be respectfully removed. Comments including direct commercial promotions will also be removed.