By Mark Bishop, Deputy Director
Halloween is coming up, and this is the first time that I have a child who is old enough to really know what it's about. So I'm a bit stressed.
What do I give out for Halloween? I really don't want to give out candy -- it just doesn't seem right to me. But it's cheap, easy, and I don't want to be that guy on the block giving out health club certificates to five-year-olds... I mean, kids to need to have fun too.
Many people want to be able to have some healthy Halloween treats for kids. ...Here are a few suggestions that you may want to consider using. Check out your online vendors or discount stores to get the best prices on large bags of healthy goodies such as these:
- Colorful pencils and notepads
- Small inexpensive games, puzzles or whistles
- Packages of sugar-free chewing gum
- Individual packs of dried fruit
- Small boxes of raisins
- Individual packages of trail mix
- Juice boxes
- Individual packs of pretzels
- Small boxes of crayons or colored chalk